Progress in Action
more about the key issues affecting our community
where there are gaps, inefficiencies, or opportunities for collaboration
concrete recommendations to member organizations and elected officials
HELPING OUR COMMUNITY
For year one, the RNA defined a specific issue — the gap between the education and training Rahway youth (aged 12-24) are receiving and the jobs available to them.
For this specific challenge, the RNA will innovate a “Rahway Roadmap to Success” by:
- Creating an inventory of community assets, including institutions, programs, and thought leaders.
- Collecting data on target population, including how many youths are in the community, the resources they already have access to, and what resources would be most beneficial
- Creating an inventory of the regional jobs pipeline for the next 3-5 years
- Innovating and implementing a strategy to get more kids onto the “Roadmap” and into good-paying jobs.
Long Term Goals
- Employment levels for City of Rahway residents will increase by at least 1% each year.
- At least 15 Rahway youth aged 17-25 will be enrolled in an apprentice or “learn and earn” program each year.
- At least 80% of youth enrolled in programming will rate their experience at at least “satisfactory”
- At least 20 Rahway adults will be connected to the Union County One Stop employment center each year.
Long Term Goals
health + Mental Health Goals
- Within 2 years, the Trauma Response Team will be active and will have responded to at least 20 incidents per year.
Community mental health services will be inventoried and a communications campaign will be developed to advise community members.